This simple recipe works with any Fauxmaggio spread after a very busy day.
You can substitute any vegetable that you like.
For a smokier version use Smoked Paprika and Garlic Fauxmaggio.
For a spicier version use Pepper Jack Fauxmaggio.
- 1/2 cup crimini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup zucchini cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup asparagus tops, about 1 inch
- 1 yellow crock neck squash, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup carrots cut into thin strips
- 2 T. good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Garlic & Herb Fauxmaggio
- 1/2 t. each salt and pepper
- 1 pound any pasta you choose
- Lightly steam the asparagus, carrot, and zucchini making sure not to
overcook, set aside.
- Start the oil on low to medium heat with the minced garlic for a few
minutes making sure that it doesn’t burn, look for a golden creamy
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the mushrooms, tossing around
- For about a minute, add the red peppers for another minute or two.
- Add the steamed vegetables and sauté for another couple of minutes, then add the salt and petter.
- Add the vegetable stock, when it comes to a rolling boil fold in the Fauxmaggio, mixing until completely incorporated. Turn heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions then add it to the Vegan Primavera.